1) (*Edit: see comments below) Remember when they said airport scanner images could not be recorded and distributed? Is this supposed to be corroboration? From prisonplanet:
Claims on behalf of authorities that naked body scanner images are immediately destroyed after passengers pass through new x-ray backscatter devices have been proven fraudulent after it was revealed that naked images of Indian film star Shahrukh Khan were printed out and circulated by airport staff at Heathrow in London.
2) Suzan Cooke has some (I think important) thoughts on physical causes of transsexuality that people should have a read through if they haven’t already.
3) Another valuable read: Kelley Winters on the ongoing debate about stigmatization vs. the medical necessity treatment of GID.
4) Cuba leads the way, setting out a model that depathologizes transsexuality but maintains not only health care availability, but also funding.
5) APA recommendations regarding the revisions for the DSM-V are to be released on Feb. 10 (tomorrow).
6) Edit to add: More worthwhile reading at Feminste: On Identifying Identities
It takes some kind of extraordinary arrogance to declare an identity for someone else. This is an attitude that says, ‘My perceptions are more important than your lived experience.’